EKSG warns builders against non-compliance with existing rules

The Zamfara State Community and Social Development Project (CSDP) claims to have provided financial support to various communities in the state.
The CSDP, a World Bank-backed project, said the support was for the implementation of 744 micro-projects worth N2.063 billion.
Alhaji Garba Muhammad, Director General of the State CSDP, made the revelation during an interactive session with CSDP national officials.
The PSDC team was led by Mr. Niyi Oduneye, Head of Monitoring and Information Management of the Federal Project Support Unit, Monday in Gusau, Zamfara State.
Muhammad explained that the state was one of the pioneer states of the project in the country, adding that the main areas of intervention were education, provision of sanitation facilities and water.
According to him, the education projects absorbed about 60% of the resources that the CSDP gave to the communities to carry out the projects.
“From July 2009 to September 2020, CSDP has assisted 262 communities and groups to implement 744 projects at a total cost of over N2.063 billion.”
He explained that the project aims to improve poor people’s access to social and economic infrastructure while increasing the availability and management of development resources at the community level.
Earlier, Oduneye revealed that the federal government had recently signed an intervention where Zamfara was to benefit from around $20 million.
He said the PSDC had been strategically positioned to anchor future intervention projects.
He, however, commended the Zamfara communities for their interest in development, adding that CSDP would continue to play a vital role in reducing youth unrest by engaging them with skills.
The PSDC is one of the World Bank’s portfolio development projects in the country, using a community-driven approach, whereby communities are the drivers of their project needs.
The project has provided 90 percent of the funds for projects, initiated solely by poor communities, for which they contribute the remaining 10 percent in cash and in kind.

Comments are closed.